Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Juliette's 3rd Birthday!

Juliette's3rdBday2013-3 IMG_9869Juliette's3rd2013BW IMG_0081Easter2013 IMG_9883Juliette's3rd2013 IMG_9882Juliette's3rd2013 IMG_0420Juliette3rdBday2013 IMG_0425Juliette's3rd2013 IMG_0402Juliette's3rd2013 IMG_0380Juliette's3rd2013 Juliette'sBday2013-1 IMG_0368Juliette's3rd2013 Juliette's3rdBday2013-2 IMG_0430Juliette's3rd2013 Juliette's3rdBday2013-4

We spread Juliette's birthday celebrations out over three days... I'm always a fan of extending birthday festivities! Her birthday also landed on the Friday before Easter weekend, so there was lots of Easter fun sprinkled between the birthday fun.

On her actual birthday, we had one of her favorite friends, Maren, over in the afternoon for a playdate and cupcakes. They had a great time together, and got to enjoy lots of sunshine outside. When Will got home, we opened a handful of presents with her and then we all went out to Red Robin for a yummy dinner. I'm not sure if she liked the Red Robin peeps singing to her, but she did like her ice cream sundae!

The next day (Saturday), we got to give her a present I've been dying to give her! Because you have to be three years old to sign up for gymnastics (other than a mom&tots class), one of her "birthday presents" was signing her up! Hurray! I about died at how cute she was out there. I couldn't help smile ear to ear watching, and I have a ton of pictures to prove it. So many, that it will have to make for another post. After gymnastics, we went to an Easter egg hunt where all the kids enjoyed another gorgeous day and lots of candy and friends.

And then Sunday was Easter, so we had a combined Easter/Family Birthday Dinner for Juliette that evening which called for a few more presents and a unicorn birthday cake that was lovingly made by her daddy!

My sweet JuJu is so loved. I cherish that little girl so much. She has the most easy-going, happy personality. Her sweet spirit lights up our home and makes her all the more beautiful. Beauty really does come from the inside, and while I think she's drop dead gorgeous on the outside, her inner beauty is what I love about her.

I know I won't be able to jot down everything I love about her, but here are some things of late that make me smile...

At her birthday dinner, the first present she opened was a gift from Isabella... it was her very own paperback copy of The Book of Mormon. (I love how Isabella goes shopping in her bedroom for gifts.) Her gifts are always so heartfelt, so Juliette's thrilled reaction to Isabella's gift was priceless, as you can see from the pictures.

If I get hurt at all... or worried or sad or anything, she always tilts her head and puts her eyes right up to my face and says, "You alright, Mommy?"

The other day I reached my arms out for her, to pull her out of the bathtub. "Come here, love bug," I said.

She looked at me like I was completely crazy, scrunched her nose and said. "I don't love bugs."

A handful of times, she's told me out of the blue, "Jesus loves you so much, Mommy." And honestly, whenever this happens (and it's always so unexpected), I truly feel Jesus' love wrap around me like she's His personal little messenger.

It still blows my mind every time, but this kid will smile on demand and pretty much do whatever I tell her to for a picture. She is such a doll!

Juliette is truly a gift to our family and has brought us insurmountable joy! I'm quite sad that she's three. Babyhood is officially over, but I do take comfort in knowing that I've cherished every ounce of baby in this little girl.  Love you to the moon, my Julietta!


4 comments:

  1. It looks like she had a super fun birthday week! What a little doll, she is. I cannot get over that first picture of her - she has the most perfect little face. I love her! Happy 3rd bday, sweet sweet girl! Cannot wait to hold you so soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Juliette! Such a cutie-pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her reaction to Isabella's present is priceless! What a beautiful girl, and beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't checked blogs forever and I can't believe how much Juliette's changed!! She's such a doll!! And I LOVE that picture of her opening the book of mormon gift from Bella! How cute is that!?!? Can't believe she's 3!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email