Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Isabella's First Dance Recital

IMG_9984IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IsabellaDanceRecital2013-1 IMG_0035IsabellaDanceRecital2013BW IMG_9986IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_0122IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_0113IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_0109IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_0107IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_0056IsabellaDanceRecital2013BW IMG_0094Isabella Dance Recital2013 IMG_0098IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_9925IsabellaDanceRecital2013 IMG_9929IsabellaDanceRecital2013 First off, can I just say how grateful I am that my kids have the opportunity to learn new things--what a blessing to be able to take a dance class! I know that as a kid, I didn't really appreciate or understand all the time and money my parents put into my gymnastics classes. I look back now, though, and I'm so appreciative. I have extremely fond memories of my time as a gymnast (I was obsessed with that sport!), and I'm so grateful for the sacrifices my parents made so that I could pursue that passion of mine. It's also neat to be on the other side of things, and to be able to feel the joy that comes as a parent watching my kids learn new things. It's wonderful!

In early December, Isabella had her very first dance recital, and she didn't act a wink nervous about it, which amazed me because I wasn't the one getting up on stage, and I was nervous! She did a great job up there--truly did her very best, and for only having danced a few months, I was quite impressed! I noticed a huge improvement from her entire class even just between the dress rehearsal and the actual performance.

Her class was told to dress in light blue, so we got to pick any leo/skirt combo we wanted. The idea was for all the girls to dress a little differently because they were doing a snowflake dance, and no two snowflakes are alike. But we were all sent to the same store to buy outfits, so some of the girls happened to pick the same costume, which was fun too! Bella looked beautiful--light blue definitely looks good on her!

Not only was it fun to watch her dance, but it was also fun for me to watch her interact with the other dancers before the show. I love how she can go up to someone she doesn't know and ask if she can play. Such confidence! Their "dressing room" was a classroom at the high school, and the dancers had fun playing hide and seek among other games while they waited for their turn to perform.

After the recital she came home and held Charlie. She is an amazing big sister to that baby boy.

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are so fun to see -- She looks like such a ballerina with her hair and thin little physique. So beautiful. And those last two photos of her and Charlton are darling. She really is such a good big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so fun to see -- She looks like such a ballerina with her hair and thin little physique. So beautiful. And those last two photos of her and Charlton are darling. She really is such a good big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love dance recitals! I wish I could have been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a beautiful ballerina!!! And she looks so pretty in blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Will she keep dancing? My girls are going to be starting soon and it looks like Macy and Isabella will be in the same class. Those are all little girls that we know! :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email